Thursday, November 28, 2013

Yes and No two so simple words...

Dear...

A few weeks ago I wrote something about saying NO and what a challenge it was for me in some situations. Especially to kids its difficult to say no, I have two children and when they look at me with those big shinny eyes, I know I fight a lost case... You wonder, do they have a special school where they teach them that stuff? Anyhow, since the reply "ask your mother" didn't work either, I had to learn how to say no to my kids too, even if I have to disappoint them once in a while. The fear to disappoint someone is probably the biggest reason why people are afraid to say no.

Obviously if you can't say no, you say YES, but it is unfortunately not a yes that you really mean. Because of this 'false' yes you might not only buy things that you don't need, but you might also end up making appointments or promises you didn't want to make. Because of this it's likely that you later make excuses to cancel earlier made commitments and the worst thing ... now you really did disappoint someone, the one thing that you tried to prevent by not saying NO.

Bottom line, people rather hear an honest NO than a false YES.

Paulo Coelho said it so well: "if you must say yes say it with an open heart, if you say no say it without fear".

jeandorff@googlemail.com
facebook.com/jean.dorff
http://www.pinterest.com/jeandorff/inspiration/




"Be inspired and you shall inspire." ~JD


No comments:

Post a Comment