Sunday, November 17, 2013

Tidy room tidy mind

Dear...

One day a businessman asked a wise-man: dear wise-man my life is so stressed and I have every day so many things to do, I wish there were 48 hours in one day. Is there anything you can advise me to do? The wise-man said yes, I want you to clean up your room and start and end your day with 10 minutes of meditation. The businessman answered... wise-man you must not have understand me, I'm too busy to do all that.

Now I'm sure you see the irony in the reply of this businessman. The man is too busy to get rest and the only way to get rest is actually to take rest. The other advice the wise-man gave is also intriguing. He advised the businessman to clean up his room. The wise-man knew that most people with too much stuff on their mind, also have too much stuff in their room and on their desk. The wise-man wanted for the business man to have a peaceful place in the physical (his room) and in the non-physical (his mind).

If you feel you have a "cluttered mind" then start with un-cluttering your surrounding, by literally tidying your room and desk. I can assure you, this alone will have an easing effect already, but please don't stop there. Do also the following:
- Sit in your tidy room, and meditate for 10 minutes in the morning and in the evening.
- Read a book to get some inspiration for another 10 minutes.
- Take some time to be physical active, stretching your body can be a good start.
Make a habit out of these 3 things, do them twice a day and I promise, your world will soon look entirely different and you start feeling less stressed and more energized in a few weeks. After all a tidy room is tidy mind.

jeandorff@googlemail.com
facebook.com/jean.dorff
http://www.pinterest.com/jeandorff/inspiration/


"Be inspired and you shall inspire."




No comments:

Post a Comment